Wednesday, November 9, 2011

FLASH GORDON (1980) International Posters

Click for larger view
Here are a few foreign theatrical posters for Mike Hodges' 1980 Flash Gordon that I haven't shown here before. The two variations above are (I believe) from Thailand, and each feature somewhat different artwork from the U.S. and U.K. posters... while the Japanese variant below features a unique collage of painted art and publicity photographs.


As I've said many times, Flash Gordon is one of my favorite movies from the Space: 1970 era, and I love discovering new "artifacts" like these from the film.

Oh, and by the way - when I was replacing missing photos here on the site the other night, I added a new pic of Ornelia Muti's Princess Aura to her "Space Babes" post. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. man these are badass

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the top poster at our local cinema way back then, only the writing was in English, and as a pubescent kid just discovering the delights of the opposite sex, I really wanted that poster for the scantily clad Princess, but the cinema manager would not let me have it. Something similar happened with the Jedi lobby cards. I got given all they had barring the one of Leia in her slave outfit. I think the cinema manager was a bit of a perv, and just wanted the naughty images for himself. Thanks for sharing these images.

    ReplyDelete